Saturday, November 8, 2008

"relaxation"

So I was looking around on Deviantart and found an artist that did some pretty cool abstract paintings. I loved this one that he did and he titled it "relaxation". A couple weeks have gone by and everytime I'm painting something this piece comes to mind so I figured I'd give it a shot. It's 3 12" by 30" gallery canvases painted with acrylic paint with the word RELAX stenciled in and painted with a stone texture paint and the thin lines are just acrylic squeezed out of a bottle. I think it came out so sweet and exactly how I thought it would. The artist that I got this idea from didn't have the word relax in it but I thought it was a good idea and I think it really completes this piece. After a couple tough weeks of barely painting anything worth keeping or selling, completing this and actually liking it felt like
a huge accomplishment. I've been struggling to get the desire to paint or photograph anything lately. My mind seems full of so much garbage that I can't take anything else in and I just get so frustrated when I try to get anything done. Being unemployed and selling artwork as a means of making credit card and car payments is extremely hard when you can't do anything right. It's so overwhelmingly frustrating to get an order for a painting and all you can think about are the things that mean nothing. Even little things seem like the biggest obstacles when your emotionally drained. Things go well for what feels like 2 minutes before something happens that breaks you back down again. People tell you to not worry, and just smile and everything will be okay. It's easier to say that when you're the one that feels great, with nothing on your mind at all times of the day. It's easy to get lost in emotions and understanding why you feel the way you do. I wanted to make this painting ever since I saw it titled "relaxation" so that everytime I looked at it, it would remind me that everything's going to be fine at the end of the day and I need to just relax. At the end of the day everything will be fine, some of our biggest problems are the littlest things in the world and always remember that it could be worse so just relax!

No comments: