Saturday, November 8, 2008

Panic!

....just a little piece I did today titled "panic dreams". Came up with the idea late last night, well actually early this morning, but didn't have the ambition to get out of bed and work on it. It's 12" by 36", acrylic on gallery canvas. It started out as an old piece that I wasn't too happy with so I figured the splattered paint and spray paint would play into the theme perfectly. I started by painting the rectangle and then stenciled the word panic. I then just squeezed paint right out of the bottle to get the thin lines. While it was drying I found a scrap of black suede so I glued it in
the rectangle. It's not quite done yet. I still want to continue the black lines over top of the suede.

I chose panic because it's
an emotion that I know all to well and I'm sure many people do. Dreams came to mind because everyone occasionally hasthose crazy ones that end with you waking up, sweating, and breathing heavily. I really like this piece because I feel like it shows panic with the contrast between the black and white and the splattered paint in the background along with the lines of black acrylic representing a chaotic mess. I'll update this with a new pic after I finish it.

No comments: