Saturday, November 8, 2008

Livin' the Life

Any 19 year old car enthusiast would kill to be me in my shoes on any given week. There are so many days and nights to remember that I tend to forget just how lucky I am. Sitting in a $2 million Bugatti Veyron, riding shotgun in a Ferrari 550 Barchetta for 3 hours, that first ride in a $4--,---Lamborghini Lp640, or just off roading in my beloved Heidi (My first car, 99 Audi A4). Having worked for Porsche and Audi I have quite the list of cars that I've driven/riden in and having some connections always helps to see some of the most expensive and exotic cars in the world up close and personal. I learned to drive stick on a 420hp Evo 8 that was built for the track with a stage 3 clutch, could barely see over the steering wheel and under full boost the car down right scared the crap out of me. I remember the first time I saw a Porsche Carrera GT in person. It was leaving a car show and I ran through the parking lot just to get a few quick clips of it revving. The sound it made gives you goosebumps just thinking about it. This passed summer I watched a Lamborghini Reventon get loaded up for delivery and just seeing that car in person was incredible. There's 20 in the world and just seeing it and hearing it and having it right in front of your very own eyes is a feeling like no other. You can't forget the great back road drives with friends either. Whether it's getting lost in a Honda Element or taking turns twice the speed limit in a brand new Porsche that's practically not even out yet, it's that undescribeable feeling you get. We sometimes lose perspective on life and happiness. When you're in these moments it's so easy to forget how happy you are. Everytime we go out on a drive I like to take in everything we pass. There's so much out there. So much to see. So many different people. I can't even count how many times you pass people on these little tiny country roads and they stare at you like you're in a space ship and you can see the envy in their eyes wanting to be you right then and there, but you don't think anything of it because that's everyday life. So the next time you're doing whatever it is you love to do, take a step back and let it all soak in. These pictures that I took and posted are just a few that I've had the pleasure of meeting face to face.

No comments: